Intellectual Property (IP) refers to the intangible creations of the mind meaning designs, inventions, names, symbols, literary work, artistic work and many more. IP can be protected by patents, copyright and trademarks by law. Meaning it protects the creativity of individuals and ensures them to earn recognition or financial benefits from their unique creations.
Get Legal Help On Intellectual Property (IP) Issues:
Our intellectual property lawyers can provide high quality and effective service to our client’s covering contentious and non-contentious legal services. Our firm combines the experience in this area with our Corporate and IP Litigation experiences and specializes with the below listed areas:
Trademarks and unfair competition:
- Clearance of use advice, including extensive searches.
- Filing application forms for registration (on a national, international and Community level
- Maintaining domestic and foreign trademark registration portfolios, including renewals and global portfolio management and enforcement.
- Trademark oppositions.
- Trademark cancellation.
- Trademark and unfair competition litigation.
- Trademark agreements such as transfer, licensing, brand extensions and contract manufacturing of branded products.
- Due diligence.
- Filling national, European and international applications for the registration of patents.
- Litigation and revocation proceedings.
- Validation of European Patents in Cyprus.
- Dealing with patent issues arising within the context of corporate transactions.
- Transfer and licensing of patented technology.
Copyright exists in scientific works, literary works including computer software, musical works, artistic works, photographs etc. The Law of Intellectual Property provides remedies for copyright infringement in the event of:
- Criminal offences listed in the Law.
- Penalties include a fine or imprisonment for up to three years.
- Civil remedies including damages, destruction or delivery if infringing copies and the equipment by which the copies are produced, an account of profits and an injunction.
Consult with our legal experts on intellectual property rights.